By Stephen Mauro,Beth Homicz
INSIDE YOU’LL FIND
- 50 mountaineering journeys for all skill degrees and seasons
- At-a-glance journey planner that will help you locate the journey that’s correct for you
- designated maps exhibiting parking components, trails, and normal highlights
- Summaries of time, distance, and hassle point for every trail
- GPS coordinates for trailheads
- climbing and protection counsel, together with suggestion on what to hold on your pack
- Essays on nature and heritage of the region
“This notable guidebook leads readers to appealing normal panoramas and websites of nationwide value. a person desirous to stroll via history—or simply opt for a very good walk—should hold it of their daypack.”
—Ann Marie Maher, govt Director
Prince William-Manassas conference and viewers Bureau
STEPHEN MAURO has lived within the Washington, D.C., quarter for 15 years and hikes largely there. he's a senior editor for Wild West journal and a duplicate editor for Aviation background magazine.
BETH HOMICZ certified for her Washington, D.C., travel advisor license in 1994 and has led greater than 15,000 participants on journeys round the capital urban. A former columnist for locations journal, her writing has additionally seemed within the Washington Post.
Read or Download AMC's Best Day Hikes near Washington, D.C.: Four-season Guide to 50 of the Best Trails in Maryland, Virginia, and the Nation's Capital PDF
Similar hiking & camping books
Integrated are power desk for nuts, bolts, screws, glues, welds, adhesives and rivets. An occasional opinion via the writer spices up an differently, uninteresting topic. a different part titled, issues to Cry Over will define fastener difficulties and strategies. 128 Pages.
Photograph a global the place people exist, like several different dwelling issues, in stability. the place there's no separation among "human" and "wild. " Unlearn, Rewild boldly envisions the sort of global, probing deeply into the cultural constraints on our skill to steer actually sustainable lives and supplying genuine, tangible instruments to maneuver towards differently of residing, seeing, and pondering.
Glacier nationwide Park's distant locale permits viewers to event an intact surroundings that hosts approximately all natural world and fowl species that have been chanced on a century in the past while Congress special the 1. 2 million acres as America's tenth nationwide park. the following at that Crown of the Continent, hikers use the advisor to entry a mountain move the place meltwater drains to 3 diverse oceans.
Want a stable frightening tale to inform to youngsters—or to somebody, younger or previous, who desires a bit fright ahead of going off to sleep within the nice outside? not anything is going larger with gooey s’mores and a gleaming campfire than an excellent ghost tale, and this number of document Forgey’s top frightening classics and scary folktales will ship shivers up anyone’s backbone.
- Hiking Colorado's Western Slope (Falcon Guides)
- Hiking Waterfalls in North Carolina: A Guide to the State's Best Waterfall Hikes
- AMC's Best Day Hikes Near Boston: Four-Season Guide to 60 of the Best Trails in Eastern Massachusetts
- The Most Dangerous Game: Advanced Mantrapping Techniques
- Bay Area Ridge Trail: The Official Guide for Hikers, Mountain Bikers and Equestrians
Extra info for AMC's Best Day Hikes near Washington, D.C.: Four-season Guide to 50 of the Best Trails in Maryland, Virginia, and the Nation's Capital
AMC's Best Day Hikes near Washington, D.C.: Four-season Guide to 50 of the Best Trails in Maryland, Virginia, and the Nation's Capital by Stephen Mauro,Beth Homicz